Wednesday 23 April 2014

Blueberry Pancakes

Too good to resist...

If you watched my March monthly favourites you would of seen my food favourite of the month was Blueberry Pancakes, if you haven't seen this video click here to watch it. Blueberry Pancakes are something that my mum has been making me for years, we lived in America for a year when I was younger and I think this is where she first found the recipe and started making them and I've been addicted to them ever since. These are the American style thicker pancakes with blueberries in or you can put other fruits in like raspberries, I love these so much and their lovely to have as a treat on the weekend so I thought I would share with you how to make them!!

Ingredients


  • 200g Self raising Flour  
  • 1 tsp baking powder 
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 300ml milk
  • 20g butter
  • 1 pack of blueberries (150g)


First start by weighing out all your ingredients, this recipe makes around 10 pancakes. Remember these pancakes are the american style thicker pancakes so are smaller then the thin ones.

Mix all your dry ingredients (flour,baking powder & salt) together into a large bowl. Then mix in a smaller bowl the milk and egg and whisk them together.

Make a small well in the flour mix, this is where you are then going to poor the milk and egg that you have just mixed together. 

Now it's time to whisk all these ingredients together, I am using my Kitchen Aid here because I'm lazy but you could either use an electric whisk or if you want to give your arms a little work out you can whisk by hand.
This is what your pancake mix will look like after whisking, there will be small air bubbles in the mix!


Now it's time to add the final two ingredients, melt the small amount of butter and add that to the mix. I tend to melt my butter in the microwave, now it's time to add the yummy blueberries to the mix (you can add other fruit such as raspberries if you wish), I add all the blueberries to the mix because I love them but you can add as many as you like.

Once all your blueberries are mixed together it's time to heat up your pan, I use a non stick pan and melt a small amount of butter in the pan to make sure they defiantly don't stick. A ladle is normally enough for 1 pancake, I make sure the pan is an a medium heat and then gently spoon the mix. The pancakes need 2-3 minutes each side or until golden on both sides and then they are ready to eat!

This is what your pancakes should look like, I like to have lemon and sugar on mine but you can add more blueberries or syrup. I think these pancakes are so tasty and they make my feel their a bit healthier than normal pancakes because they have fruit in, I would love to see you photos when you make them, please tag me in your photos on Twitter @amybellebeauty or Instagram amybellebeauty.

Have fun making these, I wonder if you'll get as addicted to them as I am!!

X





No comments:

Post a Comment