Monday 28 April 2014

If it's good enough for Cheryl...


L'OREAL FeRia Dye Review


Colour I'm using is Blonde Ombre E01

As you may of seen in one of my previous posts I was very excited when Cheryl's advert came out for this product and I wanted to try it for myself. I don't normally use home dye kits because I get my hair hi-lighted but back in March I had my hair ombre hi-lighted and I want to go lighter so thought I would experiment with this! My hair has already got some bleach in so I am hoping this kit will just lighten my hair I will only apply the colour to the bottom 3/4 of my hair.


I first started off by doing a patch test on my hair(shown in the picture on the left) I left this on for about 5 minutes to see how my hair colour would lift. It started to lift well and quickly so I decided to bite the bullet and apply it to the rest of my hair and yes before you ask I was nervous I've never used a lightening kit on my hair before, also apologies for the old jumper I make sure i'm wearing old clothes when I dye my hair. I then started to section my hair and applied the colour I have mixed together to the brush and then brushed the colour through my hair.


This was my hair after applying all the colour, sorry about the bad photo. It doesn't look like there is a lot of product on my hair but I did apply a lot and made sure all my hair that I wanted was fully covered with the colour. I mainly brushed the colour all the way through my hair and then at the end I put some on my gloves and rubbed into the ends. I felt the colour / bleach did dry really quickly and made my hair look so dry and dead which really panicked me as I was scared my hair was going to stay feeling dry after I washed it. I left the colour on for around 30 minutes the package recommend 25-45 minutes depending on how light you want to get your hair because I hadn't used this product before I wanted to not leave it on for too long. 

I then went and washed my hair over the bath using warm water, in the box you get a shampoo to use and I also used my purple shampoo to make sure my hair wasn't too yellow. Do make sure when colouring your hair your really wash the colour out well, I worked both shampoos in really well into the hair and made sure I got a good lather. I then used my Blonde conditioner and brushed it into the hair and then washed out. The photo above shows my hair just after washing it, when I first washed it I didn't think it looked that blonde and was intrigued to blow dry it to see the colour.



Here is the final look, and thankfully I am happy with the final look. The second photo doesn't show how blonde my hair is but you can see the subtle ombre effect I have on my hair. The ends and my hi-lights that were all ready bleached have really lightened and even the darker parts of my hair have started to lift. For £5.99 I am happy with the results, and I would definitely try this again when I feel my hair needs a refresh and next time I'm going to be brave and leave it on for longer to make it go even lighter. Thankfully my hair doesn't feel like straw it is still really soft and looks healthy this is because I brushed the conditioner through my hair and also because of my haircare products I used, click here to watch that! This dye comes in lots of different colours theirs a lighter more platinum blonde or even darker brown colours. This is a great affordable hair dye and I will be doing this again to get my hair to be even more like Cheryl's I think I'm nearly their to getting the Cheryl look!!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment