Monday 21 April 2014

YSL Event

I recently attend a YSL Event which was held in the John Lewis Southampton Store. This was a day event and YSL's top international makeup artist; Frederic Letailleur was hosting the event and was teaching us all about the products and also different makeup tips that he has learnt from working the Yves Saint Laurent.
 

Before I went to the event I read up about Frederic Letailleur because I wanted to find out some more about him and what his career has been like as a makeup artist. I have to say he has worked with lots of different celebrities from Kim Cattrall to Cate Blanchett. Follow him on Facebook here or read this interview he did here to find a little bit more about him. 



When I arrived at the counter all the ladies working on the YSL counter were really friendly and welcoming, they made me feel very welcome. Their were glasses or fizz of orange juice offered around and these cute little cupcakes, and yes I did have 1 or maybe 2 of the chocolate ones! We then sat down and got to chat with Frederic and he is so nice and friendly, he asked about me and what I do and all of us makeup lovers got to chat about everything makeup!!


Frederic then started the makeup demonstration, he spoke through all the products he was using in great detail, which was so useful as I didn't know that much about their skincare range but I do now and they are so luxurious and feel lovely on the skin. Once I start earning more money I will defiantly  be tempted to buy some, but while I'm still as student I will just dream about them!!



I learnt new techniques for contouring today which was one of the questions I asked at the start of the  talk, he used a Touche Eclat in a dark shade (number 5 or 6 depending on your skin tone). When he said about using Touche Eclat I wasn't sure how it would work for contouring because I thought the product would reflect light but it worked really well and blended nicely and didn't leave the harsh line.  Learning and try out all their products made me want to buy everything but I resisted and just used a voucher I got for birthday and bought their Hero product; Touche Eclat in the shade 1 which is meant to be amazing for hi lighting. I am going to do a post on it soon and how I'm getting on with it so keep an eye out for that!

I have to say I learnt lots about all their products and how to use them and if I could I would love to buy them all, maybe one day I will!! Everyone was so nice and friendly and I really enjoyed myself, I know they do these events all round the country so if your local YSL Counter have an event like this defiantly book and go, I found it so useful and all the girls on the counter were so helpful. I'm going back to see them soon and have a makeup lesson, I can't wait!!!!!

X



No comments:

Post a Comment