Sunday 23 March 2014

Models Own Review

Hyper Gel 


I've heard lots of reviews about this product and I really wanted to try it out for myself so I could see what it was like! I am a trained nail technician in Bio Sculpture which are gel overlays so I was really excited to try a nail polish out that has a gel like formula. I have to admit that I have really weak nails  I got this from my mum, thanks mum! 

This colour I bought is called; Pink Veneer, which is a pale pink colour. I bought this colour as I thought this colour would be great going into spring. The nail polish claims to have a mega shine and is enriched with lotus flower oil, I really like the design of the bottle the top of the bottle shows off the colour and also shows the high shine and gel effect the nail polish is meant to give your nails. 



Apologies for the really bad photo I took on my phone, here is a photo of the first layer of the hyper gel product. I have to say I was really disappointed with this product, as you may be able to see from the photo the polish is really thick yet very runny it does drip off the brush even when you wipe excess off on the bottle. I would say though I am happy with the pigmentation, I applied two coats and this is all you need. Once I have finished with two coats I was not happy with the finished look, the polish looked really thick and did not have a gel like finish, this may be because of my nail type but my friend who has strong nails also did not like the final look on her. I wouldn't say it had a mega shine on me and I even applied a top coat to add shine and stop it from chipping. The polish chipped on my nails within 24 hours and also took ages to dry because of how thick the polish was. I would say I am disappointed with this product which is a shame because I was really excited to use it. 
X





No comments:

Post a Comment