Tuesday 27 May 2014

Cob Loaf

Cheesy Cob Loaf Recipe

If you watch my April Favourites then you would of seen my rubbish description of my food favourite which is a Dipping Cob Loaf. I recently had this for the first time at my friends dinner party and I couldn't wait to make it for myself, I have adapted the recipe to make it my own. This dipping cob loaf is made for sharing so it is perfect for BBQ's or Dinner Parties. This recipe is really easy to make and trust me everyone will love this cob loaf!!



Ingredients

  • Cob Loaf
  • 250g Pancetta
  • 4 Chopped Spring Onions
  • 250g Cream Cheese
  • 1 1/2 Cups of Cream
  • 2 Cups of grated Mozzarella
  • 1 Cup of grated Cheese (cheddar) 
  • Crushed Black Pepper





 Firstly preheat the oven to 180oc, then start by finely chopping your spring onions, these are ones I've grown in the garden but any from a Supermarket will be great for this!

Next fry the Spring Onions and Pancetta on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until all the Pancetta is cooked and slightly crispy.

While the Pancetta and Spring Onions are frying carefully cut the top off your Cob Loaf.

Once you have cut the top off, put this to one side as you will need this later. Then scoop all the bread out and place in a bowl, you will also need this later for dipping into the sauce. My cob loaf was a Ploughman's loaf (cheese&onion) as this is all they had in the shops but any Cob Loaf will do.

Before you are about to make the sauce place your cob loaf in the oven for around 5-10 minutes, this will help to harden up the loaf and make sure no mixture will seep out of the loaf. Measure out and place your cream cheese, cream, mozzarella, cheese and pepper into a bowl. 

For the mixture I bought pre grated cheese as it seemed a lot easier for this recipe, you can do this or grate it yourself (I am just lazy). Also I used half fat cream cheese but you can use whatever cream cheese you like. Once all the ingredients are in a bowl then using a wooden spoon mix all of these together. 

After mixing well, add your pancetta and spring onions and mix well.

Take your cob loaf out of the oven and place all of your mixture until it fills up to the top ( my mixture did manage to fill 2 of these cob loafs). Then place the lids back on top of your loaves. 
You then want to wrap up your loaf with foil and place on a back tray and put in the oven for 45 minutes. 

After 45 minutes open up the foil and add the bread you originally scooped out of the loaves and place on the baking tray so that it crisps up. Put it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.

Ta-Dah, all you now need to do is place your loaf on a board take the lid off and let people enjoy your  yummy Dipping Cob Loaf!!

I hope you all enjoy making this as much as I did, it is so easy to make, I've added lots of photos so you can see how easy it is to make. I would love to know if you guys make it by tweeting me - @amybellebeauty or tag me on Instagram -amybellebeauty .

X
















1 comment:

  1. This looks seriously good, I'm sitting here debating as to how I can make and eat this without having to share it with anyone.

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbiebakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete