Monday 5 May 2014

Clean, clean, clean- Part 2

Cleaning your brushes using soap

Continuing on to my previous post here is a different way to clean your makeup brushes but by using hand soap.

This is the hand soap I am currently using, I think it has a really nice sent and doesn't leave my hands feeling dry. When I wash my makeup brushes if I am using hand soap I always use one which is anti-bacterial. 

To start I use around 2 pumps of soap depending on the size of the brush and also how dirty it is.
Then I work the soap into the bristles making sure you don't just apply soap to the top of the bristles because it is surprising how far the makeup does go. 
Once you have worked the soap into all the bristles and it has lathered wash all the soap out with warm water. I normally have to do this 2 or 3 times for my brushes to make sure all the stubborn makeup is removed.
Once you have removed all the makeup from your brush, make sure you keep the brush either vertical or lay flat. By doing this it will make sure that no water seeps into the glue and will make sure no bristles fall out and make your brushes last longer. I sometimes place mine in the airing cupboard to dry or leave them on a towel over night.

X


No comments:

Post a Comment