Monday 5 May 2014

Clean, Clean, Clean- Part One

Cleaning your makeup brushes, Part One.


I put this photo up on Instagram asking if you would like me to show you different ways to clean your makeup brushes and lots of you were keen for me to do it, so here we go.  I have decided to post these in a series, I will show you 3 different ways to clean your makeup brushes. I will be the first to hold my hands up and admit that when I was younger I hardly ever cleaned my brushes. Since training to become a makeup artist I have learnt the importance of cleaning your brushes. It's not pleasant but your makeup brushes hold a lot of bacteria, if you have a blemish on your face and you use your brush on it then the bacteria will stay on the brush and spread spots. ( I know so gross). Cleaning your makeup brushes may improve your skin but it will definitely improve your makeup application and will help your makeup to look flawless. I wash my brushes as often as I can but I give them a deep clean every 2 weeks. 

Cleaning your brushes using shampoo

First start my applying shampoo to your brush, I apply my shampoo straight onto my brush and do not wet it before. I use either a baby shampoo because it is very mild or just my regular shampoo.
Then start to work all the shampoo into the bristles, making sure it starts to lather.

 In circular motions I then buff the shampoo onto my hands, this helps to work the shampoo into all the bristles and remove the stubborn makeup.
I then run my brush under warm water and make sure I get all the shampoo out. You may need to clean your sink after this too as it will be an interesting colour.

After the first wash my brush still has foundation in, I find the foundation gets stuck in the middle. If your's does this too then pump some shampoo straight into the middle and massage it really well. Repeat these steps as many time as you need to till your brushes are lovely and clean!!!

Look out for the next 2 posts to show you other ways to wash your brushes. Now who's off to go clean their brushes? 
X


No comments:

Post a Comment